Dog Park Advisory Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes |
Chairman: Erik E. Merrill
Clerk: Sarah Creegan
DPAC Gift Fund
The Town of Chelmsford will accept private donations to fund dog park initiatives in the town. The donated money is held in a special account that can be used for only that purpose. The DPAC makes recommendations to the town about projects to be funded from that account. Donations can be made payable to:
"Town of Chelmsford", with "Dog Park Improvements" written on the memo line.
Please send your donations to the Town Manager's Office at:
Town of Chelmsford
50 Billerica Rd.
Chelmsford MA 01824Donations of equipment or supplies can be coordinated through the Chelmsford Dog Association by contacting them at email@example.com .
Link to CDA: www.chelmsforddogassociation.org
Dog Park Advisory Committee Mission Statement
- This committee consists of up to seven members who will work with the Town Manager and a grant program administrator to review and approve the design and construction plans for the Dog Park. They will also be responsible for establishing park rules & regulations and other operating policies, erecting signage, and monitoring maintenance needs of the park.
- The Committee will work with the Town Manager and Town Accountant to establish a Dog Park Account to receive the grant monies and provide quarterly reporting to the grant provider on the use of these funds.
- The Committee will work with the Chelmsford Dog Association to coordinate future programming, funding for the 10% minimum municipal contribution and continued maintenance of the Dog Park after the Grant Program monies have been exhausted.
- The Committee will provide a written annual report for the Town’s Annual Report and to the grant foundation outlining usage finances and other issues to the Dog Park.
- The Committee will work with the grant foundation administrator regarding publicity that involves the foundation.
- The Committee will work to ensure that provisions in the Memo of Understanding signed between the Town and the grant foundation are followed and implemented. Issues not covered by the MOU will be discussed between the Committee, Town Manager, and the grant foundation administrator if necessary.
- Additional Chelmsford Dog Association Board and active members will be available for assistance and input as needed.